HEALTH. SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY
Star Orient is committed to positively promote and give high priority to the continuing establishment of a safe and healthy working environment and to minimize the effect of operations on the environment. We aim to remove or reduce the risks to the health, safety and welfare of all workers, contractors and visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our business operations. Work activities at all time will be done safely.
Management (the supervisor and / or manager) is responsible for providing and maintaining:
- A safe working environment
- Safe systems of work
- Plant and substances in safe condition
- Facilities for the welfare of all workers
- Procedures and equipment designed and operated to minimize the environmental impact of the operations
- Appropriate training and employee instruction
- Adequate supervision by competent personnel
- Identification of potential hazards to health, safety and the environment in the workplace and the implementation of plans to eliminate or control such hazards
- Any information, instruction, training and supervision needed to make sure that all workers are safe from injury and risks to their health.
Workers are responsible for:
- Ensuring their own personal health and safety, and that of others in the workplace
- Complying with any reasonable directions (such as safe work procedures, wearing personal protective equipment) given by management for health and safety.
As in other business activities failure to comply with these rules and standards may lead to implementation of disciplinary procedures.
Star Orient Aviation will also take all reasonable steps to ensure that its contractors or the contractors they supervise in their duties abide by similar standards to safeguard their own employees, the general public and the environment.
SATR Orient will work closely Government regulatory, industry organizations, Airport authority to share information, develop and help implement necessary cost effective regulations on the aspect of health, safety and the environment control in operations.